Matt Summerfield has won a shortened opening race of the day for the Delphi British Truck Racing Championship.
The race was halted after Trevor Martin rolled his heavyweight ERF machine on lap five at Paddock Hill Bend. Martin who also had a moment at the same corner in yesterday's race was able to climb unscathed from his cab.
The race started eventfully enough with three trucks running wide at Paddock Hill bend on the opening lap with front row starter David Jenkins surviving a massive sideways moment.
German racer Lene Heinz-Werner stormed through into the lead in his pumpkin-coloured machine, but soon came under heavy pressure from pole sitter Matt Summerfield who fell to second on the opening tour.
Summerfield followed closely for a couple of laps before finally finding a way past on lap four. He immediately built a one second lead before the red flags were brought out moments later.
2011 Champion David Jenkins had a disappointing race. After his moment on the opening lap he recovered to challenge Summerfield early on, until he ran wide at Paddock Hill on lap three, dropping him behind Richard Collett into fourth place.
In Class B, Cees Zandbergen followed-up his win yesterday with another win in class, with Andy Lovenberry and Steven Powell claiming second and third.
Delphi British Truck Racing Championship Race Two result:
1. Matt Summerfield, MAN ERF ECT 410, Class A, 4 laps
2. Lene Heinz-Werner, Mercedes Benz, Class A, +1.588s
3. Richard Collett, MAN TGA, Class A, +2.877s
4. David Jenkins, MAN TGA, Class A, +3.223s
5. Terry Gibbon, MAN TGA, Class A, +7.999s
6. Cees Zandbergen, SCANIA T124, Class B, +14.130s
7. Graham Powell, ERF ECX, Class A, +17.741s
8. Andrew Lovenburry, Sisu SL250, Class B, +19.294s
9. Steven Powell, Ford Cargo, Class B, +21.644s
10. David Smith, Foden Alpha, Class B, +22.529s